All For NC Fellowship | 2019
December 18, 2018
The Z. Smith
Reynolds Foundation (ZSR) is seeking to invest directly in young
innovators, change makers, visionaries, entrepreneurs and risk takers
between the ages of 21 and 35 with bold ideas for
how to make a difference in North Carolina and its communities. The
newly established All For NC Fellowship is a 12-month program designed
to provide funding, coaching and mentoring to young people who have a
vision and plan that could contribute to a better
life for North Carolina’s people and communities.
Fellows will receive:
- An individual stipend of $75,000 (pre-tax) for personal and project expenses incurred during the fellowship;
- Professional growth opportunities such as one-on-one coaching; and
- Shared educational experiences in-person with peers, coaches and community leaders.
ZSR expects to fund three cohorts of Fellows over the course of five years. Fellowships will begin in Summer/Fall 2019 and end in Summer/Fall 2020. Up to five Fellows will be selected for each cohort. We believe our All For NC Fellows should reflect the rich diversity of North Carolina and want young North Carolinians from all walks of life to consider this opportunity. We especially encourage people of color, women, LGBTQ persons and rural residents to apply. For 80 years, ZSR has worked to improve the quality of life for all North Carolinians. Read more about ZSR’s mission and core values.
Download a printable summary of the All For NC Fellowship.
ZSR will hold two informational webinars to explain the All For NC Fellowship and answer questions from webinar participants. Click here to register for a webinar.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the All For NC Fellowship.
All For NC Fellowship Criteria
The All For NC Fellowship is open to North Carolina residents between the ages of 21 and 35 as of January 25, 2019.
In addition, applicants must:
- Meet all submission deadlines;
- Propose ideas that have an anticipated public benefit for NC (i.e., they will benefit other North Carolinians);
- Be available for participation in a semi-finalist interview weekend* on March 15-17, 2019;
- Be able to commit significant time over 12 months to their Fellowship project;
- Be able to participate in three cohort convenings/seminars* held in different sites across the state over the 12 months of the program.
(*Travel expenses will be covered by the Foundation.)