Election Protection Hotline Volunteers Needed
September 9, 2022
The nonpartisan North Carolina Election Protection Hotline (888-OUR-VOTE) is recruiting volunteer lawyers, paralegals, and law students to answer the hotline during the 2022 General Election.
Volunteers will answer calls from voters across the state, documenting problems and working to remove barriers to voting. Our hotline is 100% virtual, so volunteers will get trained and answer calls from home. All volunteers will receive a brief training on NC election law before their first shift.
Volunteers are especially needed during Early Voting (October 20 – November 5) and on Election Day (Tuesday, November 8).
Volunteers are required to:
- Have a law degree, be currently enrolled in law school, currently work as a paralegal, or have prior experience answering a nonpartisan voter hotline;
- Be able to serve a minimum of THREE shifts between October 17 and November 18, 2022 (shifts are 3-4 hours long);
- Have access to a computer with reliable internet access and a headset with a microphone;
- Have basic computer / internet skills and the ability to troubleshoot problems;
- Be able to participate in online training; and
- Be able to interact with voters in a calm, nonpartisan manner.
Sign up here today!