Legal-Minded Volunteers Needed YMCA Mock Trial Competition | Feb. 14 & 15
January 16, 2020
Support the NC YMCA Youth & Government Mock Trial Competition. The Competition will be hosted during the NC YMCA Youth & Government Conference, February 14 & 15, 2020, in downtown Raleigh.
To present a strong event, we are recruiting legal-minded volunteers (attorneys, judges, paralegals, law students) to evaluate teams on their presentations, knowledge of the case, and ability to think on their feet. We hope you will join us as we help ensure our future leaders have the tools and knowledge needed to lead our democratic institutions toward a bright future.
Below are the featured times and how to sign up.
Friday, February 14, 2020
- ROUND 1 – 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- ROUND 2 – 12:45 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- ROUND 3 – 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, February 15, 2020
- ROUND 4 – 9:45 – 11:30 a.m.
- Experience: Courtroom experience and legal leadership background as a judge or attorney is ideal. A scoring rubric and case materials will be provided.
- Experience: Participation in or scoring mock trials is ideal. Courtroom experience is helpful, but not required. A scoring rubric and case materials will be provided.
Sign up here, save the dates and share with your networks.
We encourage you to share this with your colleagues and friends in hopes of having a great showing of local attorneys and law students to provide feedback to the students and to judge their mock trial efforts in the competition. Please reach out to me, Leigh Dauchert should you have questions.
Leigh Dauchert, NC YMCA Y&G State Director