NC Judicial Branch, NCAOC features CCLA 2018 Youth Law Day.
August 24, 2018
Take a look at the feature from the NC Judicial Branch feature on the CCLA 2018 Youth Law Day
August 8, 2018
Youth Law Day Event Held at Wake County Courthouse
RALEIGH — The Capital City Lawyers Association (CCLA) held the 2018 Youth Law Day event at the Wake County Courthouse on Saturday, August 4. The program provided youths an opportunity to learn about the Judicial Branch and justice system, as well as exposed them to the different roles of those who work in the courthouse and courtroom.
Participants were able to interact with and ask questions of attorneys, judges, and law enforcement officers, and take a tour of the Wake County jail. These activities allowed participants to consider potential careers in the legal and / or law enforcement fields.
“Too many young people make temporary decisions and mistakes that have long- term consequences,” stated CCLA Executive Board member Michael A. Grace Jr. “It is important to expose our children to positive experiences and help them understand where negative paths can lead.”
Youth Law Day is sponsored by Capital City Lawyers Association, an organization of minority attorneys, judges, and legal professionals.
About N.C. Judicial Branch
The Judicial Branch is an equal and distinctively separate branch and core function of government. More than 6,000 Judicial Branch employees statewide administer justice in courthouses in North Carolina’s 100 counties. The Judicial Branch budget for FY 2016 – 2017 is $516.6M, 92% of which is used to pay salaries and the remaining 8% is used for operations. The Judicial Branch receives 2.29% only of the overall State budget. More than 47% of the Judicial Branch’s appropriation is equivalent to revenues collected by the courts through imposed fines and fees that are deposited in the State General Fund.
About N.C. Administrative Office of the Courts
The N.C. Administrative Office of the Courts (NCAOC) is the administrative agency for the N.C. Judicial Branch, providing administrative services to help the North Carolina court system operate more efficiently and effectively, taking into account each courthouse’s diverse needs, caseloads, and available resources.
Sharon Gladwell – O 919-890-1394 | M 919-247-2173 | Sharon.E.Gladwell@NCcourts.org
Charles Keller – O 919-890-1405 | M 704-607-0777 | Charles.W.Keller@NCcourts.org